CEO David Kerr
Non-Executive Chairman Michael Frie
Other fee-earners 839
The Firm Bird & Bird is an international law firm, with a rare and invaluable grasp of strategic commercial issues. The firm combines exceptional legal expertise with deep industry knowledge and refreshingly creative thinking, to help clients achieve their commercial goals.
Principal Areas of Work Bird & Bird offers broad advisory, transactional and contentious capability with particular focus on key industry sectors. The firm’s sector and practice groups interact to provide the best possible client service.
Key industry sectors: Aerospace, defence and security, automotive, aviation, communications, electronics, energy and utilities, financial services, food and beverage, healthcare, information technology, life sciences, media and sport.
Main Areas of Practice: Banking and finance, commercial, corporate, dispute resolution, EU and competition law, franchising, intellectual property, international HR Services, outsourcing, privacy and data protection, public projects and procurements, real estate, regulatory and administrative, restructuring and insolvency, tax, trade and customs and transformational projects.
International With 26 offices across Europe, the Middle East and Asia, Bird & Bird is well placed to offer local expertise within a global context, helpintg its clients to realise their business goals both domestically and internationally. Bird & Bird applies a “one firm” approach to its practice, which enables its lawyers to offer a highly integrated service.
The firm has offices in Abu Dhabi, Beijing, Bratislava, Brussels, Budapest, Copenhagen, Dubai, Düsseldorf, Frankfurt, The Hague, Hamburg, Helsinki, Hong Kong, London, Lyon, Madrid, Milan, Munich, Paris, Prague, Rome, Shanghai, Skanderborg, Singapore, Stockholm and Warsaw.
- Automotive Simon Shooter
- Banking & Finance Trystan Tether
- Commercial Simon Shooter, Nicholas Perry
- Communications Graeme Maguire, Ronald Hendrikx
- Corporate Neil Blundell
- Corporate Restructuring & Insolvency Joss Hargrave
- Dispute Resolution Ludovic de Walden, Steven Baker
- Electronics Mark Heaney
- Employment Ian Hunter
- Energy & Utilities Matt Bonass, Michael Rudd
- EU & Competition Richard Eccles, Peter Willis
- Financial Services Christian Bartsch
- Food Mark Hilton
- Healthcare Ian Edwards
- Information Technology Roger Bickerstaff
- Intellectual Property Morag Macdonald, Katharine Stephens
- Life Sciences Sally Shorthose
- Media Matt Dennis
- Outsourcing Mark Leach, Christian Bartsch
- Privacy & Data Protection Ruth Boardman
- Real Estate Jonathan Baker
- Regulatory & Administrative Peter Elliot, Roger Bickerstaff
- Sports Jonathan Taylor
- Tax Mathew Oliver